PGD (Pre-Genetic Diagnosis)
PGD or Pre-genetic diagnosis is a technique that is been used during the IVF treatment in order to evaluate and analyze the embryos for any kind of possible genetic health issues that could be passed over to the future child. The Process is been brought into use in case either of the partners that are going through the IVF treatment have been diagnosed with any kind of physical or psychological health condition.
The PGD process is mostly about genetic screening of the embryos that have been developed within the lab via IVF, before getting them implanted into the woman’s uterus. The process also includes the screening and diagnosis of the embryos to check any kind of chromosomal abnormalities.
The Process generally coincides with the IVF treatment where the couples are doubtful of imparting any kind of genetic issues to their future child. It also goes helpful in case either of the partner undergoing the IVF treatment is been feared to be transmitting any kind of genetic health issues to the future child during the pregnancy period.
How PGD is beneficial to the couples undergoing the IVF treatment?
- Besides helping in checking for any genetic health issues in the partners, the embryo can be checked and evaluated in terms of its genetics that would then minimizes any risk or issues attached to the embryo used for pregnancy during the IVF cycle.
- PGD has proved its effectiveness as the best method for genetic evaluation of an embryo that further confirms the total collection of chromosomes with their count within the embryo.
- It is when the physician can further track and diagnose any type of issues and defects attached to the embryo that is been developed and fertilized in the laboratory during the IVF treatment
PGD may be recommended in case:
- Either or both of the partners have been diagnosed with any kind of genetic disorder
- Either or both the partners have carried a child that has come along with any sort of genetic abnormality
- The female partner undergoing the observation has went through several pregnancy terminations due to various genetic issues with the child in her womb
Ovarian Stimulation, Egg aspiration & In Vitro Fertilization:
The ovaries firstly get stimulated with the help of proper medications to further produce maximum number of eggs. The same eggs are then going to be used for further fertilization process in the lab to form and develop healthy embryos
The formed embryos are then developed and fertilized up until the 8 cell stage in the incubator with this process. Hereby, one or two cells (blastomere) are eradicated by professionally trained embryologist in order to perform further diagnosis. Moreover, the same embryo can also be obtained from 5-6 days blastocyst stage that appears with more cells (>100) for better evaluation.
During the genetic testing process, the cells are carefully evaluated and tested in order to monitor the presence/absence of any sort of abnormality within the available embryos. Moreover, the embryos that have been termed free from any abnormal issues or defects can then be used for further embryo transfer process or can also be preserved with the cryopreservation process.
Why you must choose Become mother for PGD?At Become Mother, we have helped more than 1000 couples across the globe with the most ethical and affordable IVF treatments and support. Besides that, we are also been known as the pioneers in offering the best in class Surrogacy consultation as per your specific requirements. With us, you can stay assured of getting:
- Best IVF Consultation and Surrogacy service support
- Customized IVF and Surrogacy packages as per your budget
- Best team of medical consultants to guide you at every step